Thursday, December 8, 2011

grocery solutions.

Since I was a little girl I've always despised grocery shopping. (Now listen, I use the word despise VERY rarely. Take it seriously.) Something about walking around a cold, brightly lit...um, pantry, if you will, just does not appeal to me. Regardless, a girls gotta eat. So, over the years I've managed to suck it up and force myself down every necessary aisle in the local supermarkets. Over time I've started noticing things that make me enjoy shopping more. I've compiled a list:

  • Being hungry when you go - Okay, I know the number one rule to shopping is not to starve yourself before making a trip to the grocery store, but, I've found if I eat before I go, then when I make the stroll down any aisle, absolutely nothing looks appealing. If I'm hungry when I arrive, I actually buy things that I'll eat later on, where as when i'm full, I don't grab anything, and later I fuss myself for bailing on the food that my stomach craves oh so much.
  • Going alone - Now this doesn't happen very often. In fact, I may have only grocery shopped alone 7 or 8 times in my life. But, I've realized how pressured I feel when i'm being followed, or following someone else down the fruit & vegetables section and they are adamently staring at every single thing I pick up (and probably judging the fact that i hate vegetables.) I also feel like I'm rushed...and that causes me a lot of anxiety as well as a hard hit to my wallet. This is mostly because when I'm rushed I don't pay near as much attention to prices, or healthiness.
  • Grocery Lists - Without one of these, I. cannot. function. The problem is simple. I forget every necessary ingredient to any meal my little hands can throw together. My brain goes 100+ mph a day, and that doesn't stop just because I'm in a supermarket. I neeeeeed a list. I'm sure everyone needs a list! I've found quite a few printables online, and I've decided to make my own, according to what my own usual grocery list entails. Below is a link to the document of the grocery list. Please feel free to use it at your convenience. I know it's helped me tremendously. Print a few out, attach it to the fridge with a handy little magnet, add items as you run out of them, and voila! EASY. enjoy :)




 



No comments:

Post a Comment