Wednesday, December 28, 2011

my christmas project.

As a mother, naturally, you want everything to be perfect. Laundry clean, folded & put away, dinner on the table, house organized, happy baby, happy boyfriend, bills payed, etc. But the reality of it is simple - you can't do it all. Before Christmas I told myself I would buy the best Christmas decor, decorate my house from floor to ceiling, take holiday pictures of Quinn, and make it as perfect as possible. I wasn't rational. About a week and a half before Christmas, I realized I had NO decorations other than our tree, and I dissapointed myself. After giving myself a hard time, and strolling down guilt trip road - I set a goal for myself. JUST to take pictures of Quinn! If this goal could be completed, I wouldn't worry a bit about anything else throughout the holidays. Mission accomplished.
 
 
 
We had just bought this bed as a Christmas gift for our dog... and I joked at the store about how I'd rather sleep in her bed than in my own, because it looked SO comfortable. When we got home, I planned on wrapping a big bow around it and putting it under the tree. Instead, I set Quinn in it, naked, and started snapping! (Listen, judge me all you want - the bed wasn't used, and Quinn enjoyed every second of the shoot!) We added some 'umph' to it with a red tie, and christmas lights. Garett's mom had also given us a Santa outfit as a gift for him, so we took a few with that outfit also. Enjoy :)
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, I saw this awhile back and thought these were just the best pictures ever. Like any other person on the internet I had decided to attempt something similar with my nephew for this past Christmas.
    I will honestly say I failed miserably at it. lol I figured you must take a lot of pictures, but I have to ask. How did you not get a glare on anything?

    ReplyDelete