Wednesday, December 7, 2011

a teensy itsy bit of jealousy.

okay, i'm lying. a huge bit of jealousy!

In late October, we scooted ourselves back over to Texas for our first family photoshoot. I don't believe I have ever been so excited about being on the other side of a camera. I am from a miniscule town in Southeast Texas, home to many unheard of, warm-hearted, amazing people. (and there's a few shallow asses in there, too.) Being that I am currently living in a larger city in Louisiana, I tried for weeks to find a photographer here who's style I fancied, but the only one I found was booked for the year (Yes.....the entire year. Envy.)

I then began looking back around my hometown for someone who wouldn't mind booking me only a month in advance. I found her! Allison Walker: Picture Perfect Photography. Allison is a young, new photographer, and did a wonderful job on our shoot. When we arrived, she whipped out a few props, introduced herself, and got straight to business. We spent about an hour posing at an old vacant rustic home, where only she has the permission to shoot. During every pose, I watched the angles she shot at, and wondered where she pulled these ideas from in her brain. I would think "oh... lets do this pose! perfect!" and she would turn me around the complete opposite way, and grab the perfect shot. One of which i could've never thought of on my own. All the while, i'm thinking "why am I not a photographer yet?" Well.....there ya go Morgan. THAT'S WHY! Looks like i'll need more practice than I thought. Maybe some studying will do the trick.....

As for our photos, here are a few from the shoot! Thank you, Allison..for such an affordable, fun shoot, and also for reminding me that age has no factor in how amazing your job can be.





No comments:

Post a Comment